If you see something, say something. Call the City of Lenoir Police Department at 757-2100 to report suspicious behavior. Call 911 if you have an emergency or see someone committing a crime.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas!
Shopping Safety Tips
· Stay alert and be aware of what’s going on around you and shop with a friend or family member.
· Don’t leave your purse or wallet unattended in a shopping cart.
· Park in a well-lit area, lock the car, close the windows.
· Keep shopping bags out of sight. Put your items in the trunk or cover with a blanket.
· Avoid carrying large amounts of cash; pay with a debit or credit card.
· Don’t overburden yourself with packages.
· Carry purses close to your body and do not leave them unattended. Put wallets inside coat or front pants pocket.
· Teach children to go to a store clerk or security guard if they get separated from caregiver.
Package Delivery Tips
· Sign up for delivery alerts so you know when your delivery is scheduled and when the package has been delivered.
· If you’re not able to be home when a package will be delivered, ask a trusted neighbor to hold it for you.
· If possible, require a signature for all deliveries.
· Consider shipping packages to your place of work or use the ship to store option.
· Be a good neighbor! If you see a package on your neighbor’s doorstep, reach out and ask if they would like you to hold it until they get home.
Home Safety Tips
· Lock doors and windows when you leave, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
· Don’t display gifts where they can be seen from outside.
· Take a holiday inventory by making photos or videos of valuable items in the home; list descriptions and serial numbers. If burglarized, having a detailed inventory can help identify stolen items and make insurance claims easier to file.
· Lock your car even when it’s in the garage.
This story is on the City of Lenoir website at http://bit.ly/2XRw90e.